Friday, January 3, 2014: Personal Productivity Tools and Techniques
Get used to writing 2014 on stuff! We're all busy making plans, lists, goals. Wouldn't all those go much better if you were set up to succeed with a system that helps you prioritize, focus, and not expect too much out of any one of your precious minutes, hours or days?
Raji Sirijuddin will share information about Personal Kanban, a Japanese technique to manage tasks in your life with the goal of getting them done - one manageable task at a time.
This is still a holiday week for many - come share a warm beverage and spend some time working on your own goals. Don't miss this opportunity to start off the year in an empowered, focused way.
About the Session
Bring your questions and your own experiences with personal productivity to share.
- What systems have you used to stay organized and productive? Getting Things Done. Franklin-Covey. DayPlanner. One running list in Notepad. My eMail Inbox. Does one system still work for you or are you looking for a new system? It's show and tell time, true confessions optional.
- How are electronic distractions setting you up to fail? We'll brainstorm ways to reclaim and set boundaries around our attention span from the Internets, the Cloud, our social networks.
- How do you prioritize each day, or week? And how granular should we make our plans?
- What are the best tools for keeping ourselves accountable to our own agendas?
- How can we use other smart people to keep us focused?
About Our Presenter, Raji Sirijuddin
Personal transformation consultant Rajeswari Sirijuddin helps people maximize their opportunities, talents and time to reach desired goals. From her experience an Agile coach and project manager, Raji will share insights for breaking down large, complex, important efforts into achievable sprints and individual tasks. She'll also give us a game plan for staying accountable, coping with setbacks, and delivering results.
Friday, January 3, 2014
Coworking (open house) 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Lunch workshop Noon - 1:30 pm
Firecat Studio 918 Nolan #104, San Antonio, TX 78202 [i'm the map]
You're welcome to set up your laptop, share the wifi and beverages and get some work done from our place anytime between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm. Coworking is like working from a coffee shop - but with cooler people and free beverages. Yes, you are welcome to invite others, but there's limited space, so please make sure your friends register!
Next Month: Mobile First Design
Firecat First Friday, February 7, 2014, noon - 1:30 (don't forget Firecat Studio is open for your coworking pleasure and mind expansion 10:30 am - 3:30 pm)
Block out noon - 1:30 pm on each first Friday of the month - make lunch plans with Firecat coworkers and your own brain. And yes - please feel free to contact us to suggest upcoming brown bag topics and presenters. Thanks!