Firecat Studio's founder and CEO Susan Price is an internationally recognized user-centered design and communication technologies expert with 20 years in the web industry.
Her clients include federal, state and local government agencies, high-tech industry leaders such as Dell Computer, Motorola, IBM, Novell and AMD, financial services companies, publishers, universities, nonprofit organizations, and businesses from Fortune 200s to startups.
A published author and in-demand speaker on web technology and UX, Susan manages and assembles expert teams tailored to each project from her extensive worldwide network. She's experienced managing creative + technology teams.
Susan leads the creation of business, marketing, social media and content strategies in collaboration with our clients. She leads user research and discovery sessions, requirements workshops, content brainstorming.
She's a talented information architect, and writes and edits creative copy. Her background in animation and film gives her an edge in storyboarding animation and multimedia sequences.
Firecat Studio reflects Susan's passion for fostering creative community, and we host monthly coworking sessions, sponsor nonprofit and web industry conferences and art exhibitions.
- Co-founder of Austin Free-Net, an award-winning community technology access organization.
- Pioneered the use of social media for business and remote technology for teams, and is a sought-after consultant on such projects.
- Serves on the board of Knowbility's Accessibility Internet Rally-San Antonio (AIR-SA), a nonprofit program that raises awareness about W3C/WCAG/Section 508 standards that improve website access for people who use assistive devices.
- Organizer and Licensee of TEDxSanAntonio, an independently organized series of TED-like events. If you haven't discovered TED.com and its Ideas Worth Spreading, check it out.
- Susan holds a B.S. in Radio-TV-Film from the University of Texas at Austin, where she specialized in multimedia and animation, with concentrations in anthropology, business and marketing.
Previous jobs include Media Conversion Specialist, Typesetter, Mac Reseller and Consultant, and Desktop Publishing Consultant and Trainer. Susan spent years teaching people the intricacies of Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, QuickSilver/Interleaf, FrameMaker, FreeHand, PageMaker and QuarkXPress. She provides training in content management systems, web publishing systems and Microsoft SharePoint.
A native of Corpus Christi, she lives in San Antonio with her supportive, creative husband Greg and her fabulous tennis-playing son Matt. Susan writes historical fiction and personal blogs in her spare time, and has been publishing internet content for fun since the days of the home-grown BBS. And yes, though her family includes a beloved beagle and a leopard gecko, she's a cat person.