Firecats love usability, and we observe World Usability Day #WUD. For fellow UX practitioners, check out the World Usability Day software bundle (Thursday, Nov. 10 only), which includes the Optimal Workshop tools we find so useful.
More about World Usability Day
Folks who care about web usability, tend care a LOT about it, and speak their minds passionately. For me, it's a matter of empowering people, who should be served by technology, and not the other way around. If you are a business owner with a website, you need to care about your site's usability.
See the World Usability Day website for more activities, including a crowdsourced usability test by the University of Texas's IX lab. You can participate in the test, listen to the results, and get a sense of how remote usability works.
I'm missing my friends at Travelocity, who actually have an internal World Usability Day fair. Have fun today!
What's included in the World Usability Day Bundle?
- Optimal Sort - Online, remote card sorting tool.
- Treejack - Online, remote IA validation tool.
- Chalkmark - Online, remote clicktesting/heatmapping tool.
- 4 webinars from the Usability Professionals Association International
- A 12-month subscription to other UX tools: Loop11, OpenHallway, ConceptShare, Hotgloo and SnapEngage.
It's $1370 - less than a 12-month subscription to the Optimal Workshop tools alone. If you're interested in learning more about the tools and what we do with them - Firecat Studio is planning an upcoming Coworking & Brownbag to focus on Usability Testing and Tools.
Take a moment to shout out a site that you find highly usable.